Tuesday, December 4, 2012

And we are off!

Today I went shopping to see what was out there. After an hour of scouring the store shelves in both the "health" section and the regular aisles, I learned that there actually seemed to be more conventional foods that I could eat. That is the good news. The bad news is that most of the premade things, like bread, are incredibly expensive. BEWARE, most of the gluten free breads seem to have apple and/or pear concentrate in them, which is off the menu right now. I did find one that does not have those ingredients. The brand is: Kinnikinnick Foods and it is the white bread. You will find it in the freezer. 

One of my problems is that I am extremely nauseous all of the time and smells set me off in a big way. I mention it because this bread, when toasted, has an "off" odor to it which was not pleasing. I tried it anyway, and the texture is really nothing like bread, so I couldn't eat it. It is likely that with enough deprivation in the bread department that it will become much better as time goes on. Right now I know what real bread tastes like, and this isn't it. So, my lunch was one scrambled egg in a wee bit of butter. Of course, egg smell doesn't make my tummy very happy either, but it wasn't so bad today. Yay!

This morning felt bad, but I changed up my regular routine and that seemed to help a bit. Instead of waking, drinking green tea and then my stomach med, I took the med, waited (I am not supposed to eat 2 hours after, but I need to eat little meals often for the IBS... scheduling madness) and then had a Greek blueberry yogurt. After that, I had tea. That did change my reaction to the tea, but now I have another issue which is the opposite of the tea problem and hurts worse in the long run. This is something I have to keep an eye on.

Hopefully the groceries will last a while as they were expensive. I did pick up some gluten free flours for pizza and hopefully, bread. Recipes will be posted if they turn out well.

This is also the time that I am establishing a list of foods that people using FODMAP can eat as that can be quite confusing.

Work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment